how to append in look up stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sush26283
Participant

how to append in look up stage

Post by sush26283 »

hi am quite new to datastage and as a part of the job i have to do append in the look file...can someone guide me with that..

thanks
anbu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by anbu »

Can you explain with an example?
You are the creator of your destiny - Swami Vivekananda
sush26283
Participant

Post by sush26283 »

anbu wrote:Can you explain with an example?
hi...i have a bunch of tables that are being refered to the lookup stage...then it says"in the look up append these fields"....for example from TABLE_1, append qwe_asd_zx...similarly few more of them...
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

So, if I understand this correct and I think I am , you are required to just pull in the fields from your look up tables which is why you use the LookUp Stage most of the times. All you need to do is to drag the fields (column names) from the reference link into your output link.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
sush26283
Participant

Post by sush26283 »

kris007 wrote:So, if I understand this correct and I think I am , you are required to just pull in the fields from your look up tables which is why you use the LookUp Stage most of the times. All you need to do is to drag the fields (column names) from the reference link into your output link.
gotchya!!!!! thanks kris...