Shared Container not Found

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prem84
Premium Member
Premium Member

Shared Container not Found

Post by prem84 »

Hi,
I have a job which uses a shared container named ctrrif.
I did some modifications in it and compiled it and exported (without executable and not including dependent objects ) into a new environment (QA) for testing purpose.But when we compile the job in the new environment (QA) we are getting the following Cannot find container ctrrif.But the container ctrrif is already present in the new environment(QA)
Kindly help
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Try opening the job to see the container. If that is successful, attempt to compile from the designer itself.
prem84
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prem84 »

Hi i tried opening it and it is opening.Since it is a QA environment we cannot ask them to compile from the designer canvas they use only multiple job compile option (with force compile).Even after using the multiple job compile option (we tried it 2 to 3 times) we are not able to sucessfully compile it in the QA environment.Is there any other way.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Correct SDLC practice: compile in DEV and promote.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
prem84
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prem84 »

Hi Ray,
We tried that too.But still it is failing.But in development i am not able to reproduce the error.It is compiling fine.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Hmmm... I don't see how you could still have the error if you did what Ray suggested, since you wouldn't be compiling the job on production.
mouthou
Participant

Post by mouthou »

[quote="prem84"]Hi i tried opening it and it is opening.Since it is a QA environment we cannot ask them to compile from the designer canvas they use only multiple job compile option (with force compile).Even after using the multiple job compile option (we tried it 2 to 3 times) we are not able to sucessfully compile it in the QA environment.Is there any other way.[/quote]

Can you create a sample job which uses the same shared container to see if it is the problem with the container or the job.

Also make sure that you are looking at the correct shared container since the name is with some tricky characters. ctrrif may be looked like clrrif etc. To err is human :roll: