Checkpoint run!

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

allavivek
Premium Member
Premium Member

Checkpoint run!

Post by allavivek »

Hi All,

I was trying to use Command activity in sequence job ...

i came with option "Donot Check point run"...

What i understood is if a sequence fails in middle the whole operation is going to revert back if this option is checked...

Correct me if iam wrong??and post if there is more for this option use....

thank you........
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No, not the "whole operation", it just means that that object will always run regardless of the current checkpoint situation.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

If the Job Sequence is restarted, it will skip the components that are not checked for "Do not Check point run". In the case you provided, whenever the Job Sequence is restarted it will execute the Command Activity component if the "Donot Check point run" is checked within the Activity stage.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
allavivek
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by allavivek »

chulett wrote:No, not the "whole operation", it just means that that object will always run regardless of the current checkpoint situation. ...
Thanks

got the use of it ..but i was seeing this option in some sequence job command activities checked and i cannot see this option at all for some command activities in other jobs...

Do we have to enable any option at job level....

thank you.......
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Within the Job properties of a Job Sequence you will have to enable "Add Checkpoints so sequence is restartable on failure" to see the "Donot Checkpoint run" with in the activity stage.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson