Needed the hint to logic values converting into words

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Barath
Participant

Needed the hint to logic values converting into words

Post by Barath »

Hi ,
I am getting the data in a single column

Output sholud be like this

1000, One thousand
1122,One thousand and one hundred twenty two
1200,Onethousand two hundred

Can you people help me on this
Thanks in Advance

Regards,
Barath
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

There is nothing built into DataStage that does this. There are a number of freeware/public domain entries to be found for "convert integer to words c++" on Google, and the documentation shows how to create buildops and call them from DataStage.
Barath
Participant

Post by Barath »

ArndW wrote:There is nothing built into DataStage that does this. There are a number of freeware/public domain entries to be found for "convert integer to words c++" on Google, and the documentation shows how to create buildops and call them from DataStage.
Thanks Andrw........Can we achieve this through shell scripting? or we need write c++ code only.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If you search the web for a freeware program that does this on your platform, i.e. one that accepts a number as parameter and returns a string representation, then you can implement it via a shell script. Note that if performance is a factor then you will have to use a c++ call.