Inactive sessions

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kamesh_sk
Participant

Inactive sessions

Post by kamesh_sk »

HI,

We are connecting to DS client through agents like citrix client, and after a few minutes of inactive session citrix disconnects and hence my connection to Datastage. This creates a lot of Inactive session in the server and when i use ps -fu dsadm|grep dsapi there are lot of slave or inactive sessions.
Due to these inactive sessions i get the problem of project lock quiet often.
I need to kill these inactive sessions after N period/time...
Can anyone help me to understand/know as how do i kill these inactive sessions without manual intervention.

Would really appreciate any response or help .

Thanks
Kamesh
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm assuming the "deadlock daemon" is still around in this version, it is something that would periodically clear things of that nature for you. Search here for the details on enabling / configuring it.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kamesh_sk
Participant

Post by kamesh_sk »

Thanks,

The following viewtopic.php?t=93324&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 helped a lot.
I believe now i can configure the dsdlockd.config file under the engine and kill my locks .
Great tip and help.
Thanks
JRodriguez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JRodriguez »

Well... From the Big Blue's new bag of tricks for 8.x

There is a nice script under the default IS installation (/IBM/InformationServer/ASBServer/bin) directory cleanup_abandoned_locks.sh that should help you out with cleaning all orphan sessions

The script need to be execute while logged in as root. Please make sure that all users are logged out before you do this
Julio Rodriguez
ETL Developer by choice

"Sure we have lots of reasons for being rude - But no excuses