Importing V7.5 DSX

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Kirtikumar
Participant

Importing V7.5 DSX

Post by Kirtikumar »

Hi,

I exported a routine and a job that uses this routine from the 7.5 project from server 1. I wanted to use this on another server which is V8 DataStage. I started the import and it failed with some errors. Actually I did not record the errors.

After the import DS repository was not showing anything - tree no jobs, no routines nothing. There were no jobs or componenets created by users. However before import it was showing a tree structure having jobs, routines, etc.

I logged off and tried to login to the repository. Now the login window just shows login is progressing and nothing happens.

Is it that V8 project is corrupt now and we need to create a new one? Or is the any way to fix this project?
Regards,
S. Kirtikumar.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No way to know. Try the import again, and this time record any errors. Maybe restart the client machine first.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Kirtikumar
Participant

Post by Kirtikumar »

I have tried this one as well. But now I am not able to log onto DS project itself and so can not try import.
Regards,
S. Kirtikumar.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If you cannot login using the clients, can you access the system administration via the browser interface?
Kirtikumar
Participant

Post by Kirtikumar »

We rebounced the server and it is working fine. I think the issue was with WebServer according to admins. Not sure if my import caused it or something. I am going to try the reimport and see if I can reproduce the error.
Regards,
S. Kirtikumar.
Kirtikumar
Participant

Post by Kirtikumar »

I tried it again and this time is worked fine. So I think the issue was something else - might be with some services.
Regards,
S. Kirtikumar.