Web console - Session Type

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prasad111
Premium Member
Premium Member

Web console - Session Type

Post by prasad111 »

In Web console --> Administration tab--> Session Management --> Active Sessions, I am able to see the session Types opened for DS Designer, DS Director, webconsole but when I opened the Business Glossory the session Type will be shown as UNKNOWN, and when Metadata Workbench is opened the session Type will NOT appear at all. Is this normal behavior, if not how to can I fix this, so that I see the correct information?

Thanks for your replies

Thanks
Prasad
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What exact version of the tools? (In particular, do you have 8.1.2.1?)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
prasad111
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasad111 »

DS - 8.1.0.1
BG - 8.1.2.1
MWB - 8.1.2.1
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I am getting "Unknown" for the Business Glossary Browser session type, and "Web Console" for the Metadata Workbench session type. Same versions of software.

Business Glossary tab on web console shows "Web Console" which is only to be expected.

Perhaps you need a term in your glossary: "Unknown" means "Business Glossary Browser session type"!
:lol:
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
prasad111
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasad111 »

:lol:

In one of our environment for MWB the Session Type is showing as "Web Console", I have to look in the server for difference between two environments.

We are trying to capture the statistics to see how many users are connected to the client session at a given point of time using
Web console --> Reporting --> Administration --> Security --> Active users in a session.

For IA and Information Server Manager the output is show an MOZART , how can we identify which client the user is connected?
How to identify UNKNOWN session type?

Is there any better way of capturing the client session details?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not without a hack. I haven't found anything in custom reports that gets at this information - have you?
prasad111
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasad111 »

/opt/......./AppServer/Profiles/default/ISauditLog_*.log captures the session details, again its not so obvious to generate a report out of it.
I hope IBM would enhance or fix the clienst session type to display correctly in webconsole as well as in generate Reports.

Thanks for all your replies.
Prasad