Pass parameter to a job activity

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sateesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Pass parameter to a job activity

Post by sateesh »

I have a value in UNIX file text.txt and the value in it like ('xxx','xxx'). I am reading through execute command activity and passing output to a job activity as a parameter but it is failing with the below error.
Test..JobControl (@Job_Activity_24): Controller problem: Error calling DSSetParam(UsrVar1), code=-4
[ParamValue/Limitvalue is not appropriate]

No issues if I pass a single value like 1234. I went through the forums i am seeing a single value passed as a parameter but not like this specific one.

Thank you in advance.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If you looked at other posts with this error, does that mean you are handling the dynamic array that the Execute Command stage returns properly as they note? Meaning, you are removing the @FM at the end of the parameter value?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sateesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sateesh »

chulett wrote:If you looked at other posts with this error, does that mean you are handling the dynamic array that the Execute Command stage returns properly as they note? Meaning, you are removing the @FM at the end of the parameter value?
I have not searched forums based on error. I searched how to pass parameters in a sequence job i have seen several scenarios but not exactly the one what I am looking for may be i might have missed.

I am sorry to say this could you please tell me in detail what you meant.

To be more specific about my job here is my sequence job details.
1)ExecuteCommandActivity
Command: cat
Parameters:test.txt ( It has value ('1000','2000')
2) Job Activity
I am assigning under parameters like below but did not work for me
UsrVar:Ex_Com.$CommandOutput

Even I tried to hard code the value ('1000','2000') but it says "Expected: right arenthesis('')'')
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Then the first suggestion would be to actually search the forums here. You're not the first person to see this error and it has been asked and answered so many times here that it should be easy enough to find.

In other words, an exact search for "[ParamValue/Limitvalue is not appropriate]" will answer your question.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers