Unable to parse Configuration file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsean
Participant

Unable to parse Configuration file

Post by dsean »

Hi all,
I have a configuration file with 4 nodes and I set it up in Administrator. In my job , I am using a special token $PROJDEF as a default value for the Configuration file.

Now I want to constraint the Sequential file stage in my job to run it on a single node. But I am getting a message in Sequential File --> Advanced tab saying "Unable to parse the Configuration file" and the node map constraint is disabled. Please give me some advice on how to handle this.

Thanks in Advance
Sean
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Switch back temporarily to a hard-coded pathname as the value of $APT_CONFIG_FILE. When you're done testing reinstate $PROJDEF as the default value.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sagar deshmukh
Participant

Post by sagar deshmukh »

Hi
I am also getting same warning... in OCI stage....
What can be done to remove it...
What will happen if i ignore it?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Please start your own post with the relevant details of your particular version of this problem.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
datisaq
Participant

Post by datisaq »

But sequential file stage by default runs in sequential mode, then why you need to constraint it on a single node?
IBM Certified - Information Server 8.1
adityamohanty
Participant

How to run a job in single node

Post by adityamohanty »

Hi All,
As far from my experience,If We check Execution Mode to "Sequencial Mode"then we can able to run our job in a single node, as in Parallel by default this option is in "Parallel Mode" only.If I am wrong then please let me know.
Regards,
Aditya Prasad Mohanty
adityamohanty
Participant

How to run a job in single node

Post by adityamohanty »

Hi All,
As far from my experience,If We check Execution Mode to "Sequencial Mode"then we can able to run our job in a single node, as in Parallel by default this option is in "Parallel Mode" only.If I am wrong then please let me know.
Regards,
Aditya Prasad Mohanty