ODBC Connector problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

marco.mir
Participant

ODBC Connector problem

Post by marco.mir »

Hello everyone,

I have a parallel job that finishes as OK, but when I read its log on Director, I find the error:

[IIS-CONN-ODBC-000004] ODBC function "SQLEndTran(SQL_ROLLBACK)" reported: SQLSTATE = 08S01: Native Error Code = 0: Msg = [IBM(DataDirect OEM)][ODBC DB2 Wire Protocol driver]Socket closed. (CC_OdbcConnection::rollback, file CC_OdbcConnection.cpp, line 953)

Anyway the job works correctly, but it has this error considered as fatal in the log.

Any idea? Thanks in advance.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

To which database you connecting and what sort of stage functionality are you using - i.e. just straight generated SQL or your own?
marco.mir
Participant

Post by marco.mir »

I'm connecting to DB2 and it has straight generated SQL.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

That is odd - I wonder why it is trying to execute a "rollback", which would indicate that some error or errors have occurred. Can you add a reject link to a peek stage and see if any rows might be erroring?
marco.mir
Participant

Post by marco.mir »

I will try...anyway this ODBC connector is the source of my job.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

In that case, the reject link is probably not going to help much, and I can't think of a reason for a rollback during a read operation. Can you try to execute the SQL manually from your database tool of choice to see if there might be some problem with the query or the table?
marco.mir
Participant

Post by marco.mir »

I think that I resolved the problem:

in ODBC connector stage, I set "read committed" where I see "Session" and "Isolation Level". The source table had to read more than 10 millions of records, maybe for some reason it couldn't manage all them and it needed a commit.

Anyway thanks for support.