Copy Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kravids
Participant

Copy Stage

Post by kravids »

Hi I have a doubt regarding the copy stage is it required to set TRUE or FALSE in copy stage properties. If so can you please mention the reason for doing so??
dsusersaj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Copy Stage

Post by dsusersaj »

kravids wrote:Hi I have a doubt regarding the copy stage is it required to set TRUE or FALSE in copy stage properties. If so can you please mention the reason for doing so??
"Where you are using a Copy stage with a single input and a single output, you should ensure that you set the Force property in the stage editor TRUE. This prevents DataStage from deciding that the Copy operation is superfluous and optimizing it out of the job."
kravids
Participant

Post by kravids »

dsusersaj wrote:
kravids wrote:Hi I have a doubt regarding the copy stage is it required to set TRUE or FALSE in copy stage properties. If so can you please mention the reason for doing so??
"Where you are using a Copy stage with a single input and a single output, you should ensure that you set the Force property in the stage editor TRUE. This prevents DataStage from deciding that the Copy operation is superfluous and optimizing it out of the job."
Thanks for your reply. That applies only to single input and single output ... if we use a more inputs it should be set to False ?? can you give me the reason for this. If we have large amount of data and using single input and single output then it should be still false. Please can you answer my question in detail...
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

kravids wrote: That applies only to single input and single output ... if we use a more inputs it should be set to False ??
You should be aware that Copy Stage can only accept one input link. It cannot accept multiple input links. The default setting is FALSE and the help within the stage is quite self explanatory as to what setting it to TRUE or FALSE does.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson