Join behaves strangely

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rachitha
Participant

Post by rachitha »

As DS1 and DS2 is left outer join. The column coming from DS2 i.e Key_Col is giving null value. Though matching data exists, Key_Col is populating with NULL value which is wrong.

Thanks,
Rachitha
Rachitha
Thinking is the best way to train our brain!
rachitha
Participant

Post by rachitha »

Even I am facing the same problem in Test Environment. Only change is my job uses Inner join. Though data is matching.. join is not capturing data and target dataset is not created.

Kindly post ur suggestions

Thanks,
Rachitha
Rachitha
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is Key_Col one of the join keys? Are the data partitioned on both inputs using a key-based partitioning algorithm that names the join keys? Sorted?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rachitha
Participant

Post by rachitha »

No Ray, Key_Col is not a join key field.
Applied hash partition based on key column, giving sorting, case sensitive, perform nulls first.

Still same problem exist..

AM not understanding y it is working in dev. environment but not in TEST env. what might be the reasons

Will it be a environment issue.. if yes what kind of issue it can be.. :roll:
Should we check the number of nodes given in config file???

Thanks,
Rachitha
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Of course, you need to check everything that could change from environment to environment. That would include the config file used, actual data, source/target metadata, etc etc.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
mjgmc
Participant

Post by mjgmc »

ray.wurlod wrote:Is Key_Col one of the join keys? Are the data partitioned on both inputs using a key-based partitioning algorithm that names the join keys? Sorted? ...
Sorry for this late reply.

Yes, both links are hash/sort by the Key_Col