Fixed Width File

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSFreddie
Participant

Fixed Width File

Post by DSFreddie »

I have one requirement in my project where we need to extract the data from Db2 table & send it across to the downstream as a FIXED WIDTH file.

Can you pls help me to create this DataStage job & the functions I need to use to create a FIXED width file?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Freddie.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The Format properties of the Sequential File stage is where you specify a fixed width file format.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The Format properties of the Sequential File stage is where you specify a fixed width file format.
The easiest way to learn what to do is to import the "table definition" for a fixed-width file, and look at what gets stored. Clicking the "Sync parallel" button before you inspect the parallel properties is a wise move.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.