SIGINT in Director

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dougcl
Premium Member
Premium Member

SIGINT in Director

Post by dougcl »

Hi folks, starting today, if I try to run jobs from Director, I get a job abortion with SIGINT. Jobs run fine when started in DS Designer. Ideas?

Thanks,
Doug
anbu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by anbu »

Search the forum with the keyword "SIGINT"
You are the creator of your destiny - Swami Vivekananda
dougcl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dougcl »

anbu wrote:Search the forum with the keyword "SIGINT"
Maybe someone has a better answer?

Thanks,
Doug
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Is this a Job Sequence or just a parallel job? Are you getting any warnings before you get the SIGINT error. Can you post any warnings from director log? Couple of reasons why SIGINT error occurs is when someone tries to stop the job or if the number of warnings exceed the limit mentioned in the Job Run options.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
dougcl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dougcl »

kris007 wrote:Is this a Job Sequence or just a parallel job? Are you getting any warnings before you get the SIGINT error. Can you post any warnings from director log? Couple of reasons why SIGINT error occurs is when someone tries to stop the job or if the number of warnings exceed the limit mentioned in the Job Run options.

Great thanks. This is just a parallel job. There are a bunch of "standard" warnings that I get running it either way. There is a pair of warnings on each input column:

Code: Select all

The modify operator has a binding for the non-existent output field
and

Code: Select all

The modify operator keeps field 
This is due to the fact that I am identifying only a few columns in my SELECT statement, but the link has the full db table def associated to it. Getting around these warnings would be nice. Not sure if it's separate issue (hopefully it is). In any case, if these warnings are related, I think it would mean that the warning limit is different in Director and Designer. Really?

Thanks,
Doug
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The default warning limit is indeed different between Designer and Director (0 v. 50) but there's nothing stopping you from ensuring both run with the same values.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Disable RCP to see whether that resolves the issue. If it does, try to discover why the additional, unspecified columns might have raised an interrupt signal.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dougcl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dougcl »

ray.wurlod wrote:Disable RCP to see whether that resolves the issue. If it does, try to discover why the additional, unspecified columns might have raised an interrupt signal.
Hi,
RCP is not enabled. I'm not sure that these warnings have anything to do with it. Again, the jobs run just fine when launched from Designer, warnings and all.

Thanks,
Doug
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is JobMonApp running or disabled? Are you collecting performance statistics when running from Director?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Again, unless you override the values, the default warning limit in the Director is 50 while from the Designer it is zero - unlimited. Which could explain part of your issue with the Director but still shouldn't result in a SIGINT as far as I know. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: SIGINT in Director

Post by ray.wurlod »

dougcl wrote:... starting today ...
What's changed since the day beore today?

"Nothing" is clearly not the correct answer.
dougcl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dougcl »

ray.wurlod wrote:Is JobMonApp running or disabled? Are you collecting performance statistics when running from Director?

Not sure about the former. I'm not sure how to check this. For the latter, I do not have the jobs set to record performance data on the job properties execution tab.

Regarding the problem starting yesterday, it is more accurate to say that I haven't tried to run from director in a week or so. Last time I tried it, it was fine, but many things were added to the jobs since then.

It seems really odd to me that something runs perfectly well in designer, but fails in director. I would think this can only happen in very specific ways. It's unfortunate as well that whatever it is, it's unhandled.

Thanks,
Doug
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

dougcl wrote: Last time I tried it, it was fine, but many things were added to the jobs since then. Doug
There lies your answer. You will have to figure out what component that was added might have caused this issue. I asked earlier but I'll ask again. Are there any warnings in your director log that is causing the job to fail? Usually the default value in director is 50 warnings. Do you see 50 warnings in your director log when you run the job both from the Director and Designer?
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
dougcl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dougcl »

Hi folks, increasing the warning limit in Director fixed the problem. Thanks to kris007 and chulett for that answer.

Thanks,
Doug