MQ Connector Server/Client option

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

g_rkrish
Participant

MQ Connector Server/Client option

Post by g_rkrish »

Hi,

we are converting the MQstages in our Parallel jobs to MQ connector stages i see two option as Client and server what is the differences,when we are converting what option should we suppose to use.also i feel we can't use the connector stages in the server jobs,is there any way we can use by installing any patch or plug in in-order to use them.any thoughts please let me know it will be helpful as i am new to this MQ connector
RK
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You need to tell the connector if you have the MQ Client or MQ Server installed on the DataStage server. And sorry, no connectors in Server... yet. Seem to recall plans to add them someday, though.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

There's no need to convert....the jobs will still work "as is" with the Plugin...and if you were using the plugin, you were using MQ Server because the Plugin never supported MQ Client....

...is your MQ Server co-resident with DataStage....then use MQ Server.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
g_rkrish
Participant

Post by g_rkrish »

eostic wrote:There's no need to convert....the jobs will still work "as is" with the Plugin...and if you were using the plugin, you were using MQ Server because the Plugin never supported MQ Client....

...is your MQ Server co-resident with DataStage....then use MQ Server.

Ernie
You are right Ernie i am using server only it works pretty fine,when we give the queue manger in MQ stages we never give the username password but in here it is enabled also i did not give the user name password in here it works fine is there any specific reason for that.
RK
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

In Unix/Linux, as I recall, MQ uses the process ID......the challenge is required for Windows....so the old plugin was smart and only displayed the userid and pw if needed.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>