Schema file with Oracle Sequence column

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nagin
Charter Member
Charter Member

Schema file with Oracle Sequence column

Post by Nagin »

[Moderator: Split from this post, similar <> same]
juancho wrote:Thanks!

Solved it.
How did you solve it? I have the same scenario. The source file is schema file driven, and I need these few extra columns added. I need to populate one of the columns with Oracle sequence call and the others hard coded.

I took the Unix route and its fairly easy to achieve this, but Performance is terrible.

The other way I can think of is, get the source schema file at unix level and add it the columns I want and make up the target schema file. This way I can have a Transformer stage in the middle of source and target schema files and I can define those static columns and their derivations in the Transformer.

I would like to know if there is a better way to achieve this.

Thank You.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The Generator property folder for a date data type includes Use current date as an available property to add.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Nagin
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Nagin »

ray.wurlod wrote:The Generator property folder for a date data type includes Use current date as an available property to add.
Thanks Ray. But, I don't need to populate date, I actually need to populate a next value from oracle sequence and the others some strings, I will have to get them from job parameters I think.