Compilation Pop up not coming in parallel DataStage.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

highpoint
Premium Member
Premium Member

Compilation Pop up not coming in parallel DataStage.

Post by highpoint »

Hi,

1) For some reason the compilation pop up is not coming and compilation is not happening on my system for all the DataStage jobs in all the datastage projects but team members are able to compile for the same server.

I tried uninstalling and installing Datastage.
That did not help me in any way.

2) When i uninstalled DataStage and reinstalled it, it was still showing my Server name and user id populated in the fields.

Thanks...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have a DataStage Administrator check your DataStage roles. If you only have Operator or Super Operator role you will not be able to compile.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
highpoint
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by highpoint »

ray.wurlod wrote:Have a DataStage Administrator check your DataStage roles. If you only have Operator or Super Operator role you will not be able to compile.
I was able to compile untill yesterday.My access shall not been changed.

Is there anything i need to look into.
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

Are you switching between one and two terminal displays? Once I was brought in to diagnose a similar problem. The real issue was that the developer had switched from a two-display setup to a one-display setup.

Some of his "pop-ups" had been moved to the 2nd screen, and as such, were no longer displaying.

The pop-ups will retain their positioning, even after re-installation! Apparently their position is hidden in some registry variable that isn't deleted when you uninstall / reinstall.

We put the second screen back on, found the pop-ups and moved them back to the first screen.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
dsedi
Participant

Post by dsedi »

If you are sure about your privileges..then try the following..

"Run Multiple Job Compile" from Datastage Manager..
"Force Compile" option in the file menu From the designer..
Also try to modify the job in designer and verify the status of that job in the Director before and after compilation..
Post the results here..
Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue.
dsedi
Participant

Post by dsedi »

Also try compile jobs from the command line on the
DataStage client..dscc command(help available on designer guide)..and post your findings..
Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue.
highpoint
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by highpoint »

asorrell wrote:Are you switching between one and two terminal displays? Once I was brought in to diagnose a similar problem. The real issue was that the developer had switched from a two-display setup to a one-display setup.

Some of his "pop-ups" had been moved to the 2nd screen, and as such, were no longer displaying.

The pop-ups will retain their positioning, even after re-installation! Apparently their position is hidden in some registry variable that isn't deleted when you uninstall / reinstall.

We put the second screen back on, found the pop-ups and moved them back to the first screen.
The issue got resolved. I uninstalled datastage, removed the Ascential datastage client keys from registry and reinstalled the datastage.

Now everything works fine.