sequential vs parallel.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jagadam
Premium Member
Premium Member

sequential vs parallel.

Post by jagadam »

Hi All,

I have a question on ..what is the difference between running the job sequentially vs running it parallely.(mainly on the space vise)

For example if I run a parallel job sequencially does there be any difference in the space allocation of the data sets..(I set the data set to run sequentially) As far as I know there shouldn't be any difference other than the node allocation but wanted to confirm this.

Any ideas ..

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Data Sets will still be written to the resource disk(s) specified in the configuration file being used by the Data Set stage. Ordinarily this will be the configuration file whose pathname is given by the value of the APT_CONFIG_FILE environment variable, irrespective of whether you specify sequential or parallel execution in the stage properties. Try it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.