Error in Stop/Start Server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Well... it won't start because it didn't stop. What's in the "stopServer.log" file that it mentions has the "error details"?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjfearnside »

It looks like the message you included in your question provides a reason the server would not stop =>
Access is denied for the stop operation on Server MBean because of insufficient or empty credentials.
ADMU4113E: Verify that username and password information is on the command line (-username and -password) or in the <conntype>.client.props file.
RAI ROUSES
Participant

Post by RAI ROUSES »

sjfearnside wrote:It looks like the message you included in your question provides a reason the server would not stop =>
Access is denied for the stop operation on Server MBean because of insufficient or empty credentials.
ADMU4113E: Verify that username and password information is on the command line (-username and -password) or in the <conntype>.client.props file.
Well, to stop the server we always use the command stopServer.sh without indicated the user and password.
Why now is different ?

Question : we didn't stop the repository, This could be same process that are working in the repository and so it's not possible to stop the server ?

Thanks for all help

8) Rai 8)
sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjfearnside »

Did you resolve the problem? If so, please document the solution and mark the thread as resolved.

thanks
sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjfearnside »

Here is some information I have collected but not used. I provide it for your reference in hopes that you may find it helpful.
Use "ipcrm -m" to get rid of those two entries. FIN_WAIT and CLOSE_WAIT status on Solaris are set to timeout after a given period of time, use "ndd -get /dev/tcp tcp_time_wait_interval" to get the timed wait interval and "ndd -get /dev/tcp tcp_fin_wait_2_flush_interval" to get the FIN_WAIT2 (and the CLOSE_WAIT, I think). These values are in milliseconds, but it can be a long wait.
Also, I have instructions from a vendor support person that you can reboot the server to clear the port.
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

You can reboot the system to clear the port. Its worked for me in the past

Regards
Sreeni
RAI ROUSES
Participant

Post by RAI ROUSES »

Since we have many other aplicantions in the same machine, it will be a hard work to shutdown the machine.

There is other way to do that ?

merci
8) Rai 8)
sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjfearnside »

Can you clarify the statement =>
Since we have many other aplicantions in the same machine, it will be a hard work to shutdown the machine.
Are you saying this is a virtualized server or something else like MQ services are also running on the server?

Are the other applications running when you are trying to stop WAS?

Are the other applications using/interacting with WAS?
RAI ROUSES
Participant

Post by RAI ROUSES »

Are you saying this is a virtualized server or something else like MQ services are also running on the server?
NO
Are the other applications running when you are trying to stop WAS?
YES
Are the other applications using/interacting with WAS?
NO

The other application are ORACLE and other project that dosen't have DataStage jobs (only pl/sql)

merci
8) Rai 8)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It appears to me that your trusted authentication for rsh may not be set up correctly for the user who is trying to shut down the server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
RAI ROUSES
Participant

Post by RAI ROUSES »

We are doing that with root

i'm not sure, but courl same other user start the services ? And now i can't stop the services lunch by other user ?

merci
8) Rai 8)
sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjfearnside »

I experienced this message when I tried to start the NodeAgent and I was not root. Ensure you are using the root UID to start the NodeAgent.
RAI ROUSES
Participant

Post by RAI ROUSES »

Yes, i'm using root id.

merci
8) Rai 8)
RAI ROUSES
Participant

Post by RAI ROUSES »

up
sorry to do that, but someone have any suggestion to check if NodeAgent is active ?

merci
8) Rai 8)
kishore2456
Participant

Re: The LoggingAgent.sh process stopped unexpectedly

Post by kishore2456 »

Hi,

I'm also facing the same issue, while restarting the services. I am unable to start Loggignagent.sh .. It gives me the same error message.

quick response would be highly appreciated.
FD