Job Parameters through shared connections

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srao
Premium Member
Premium Member

Job Parameters through shared connections

Post by srao »

Hi All,

I created a job parameters through shared connection and not from add envorinment variable through Administrator.

I exported jobs from Dev to Test option using 'Export jobs with excutables' and I ran the jobs in Test. When I see the log for parameters its picking up the Dev parameters not Test parameters.

After recompiling the jobs , it picks test job parameters.

My question is, when we moving different envorinments like test or prod we don't have access to re compile so how shared connections pick the right parameters . please help me regards. Thank you
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I'm afraid this is just "how it works" - the designed-in defaults are in the compiled job too. This is where values files come in handy - you can choose the appropriate values file (for example the one for dev or the one for test) at run time.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.