Error Generating transform operator for stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

austin_316
Participant

Post by austin_316 »

Facing this error while compiling a job. not sure why this is coming. help pls

"Error Generating transform operator for stage LD_BATCH.Trns_Records"

thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What stage types are in your job?

Are there any syntax errors in your Transformer stage? Do you have write permission to the RT_SCnnn directory?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
austin_316
Participant

Post by austin_316 »

My job has three stages. one ds file as soruce, transformer and oracle stage to load the data into db.
Syntax and all are looking fine in the transformer stage becouse this job even worked fine previously. but when i am trying to compile the job nw it is throwing me this error.
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

If the job was working fine earlier. Can you inform what has changed since then ?Can you send the detailed error log ?

Regards
Sreeni
austin_316
Participant

Post by austin_316 »

That is confusing me alot. there are no changes done to the job. we are jus testing the job and we are not sure what changes are done to the job.
i am getting this error while compiling through designer
Error Generating transform operator for stage LD_BATCH.Trns_Records
Press the "Show Error" button to highlight the stage to which the error relates

For now i have created another job and it is working. so as you said there might be some changes done to the job but we are nt sure of what those changes are.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The changes may not be in the job or even in DataStage. They may be in the operating system (for example file system permissions). The job might be being compiled (attempted to be compiled) by a different user. And these are just two of many possibilities - you need to become a detective.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.