Table Definition unchangable after import

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsfellow
Participant

Table Definition unchangable after import

Post by dsfellow »

Hello all,

I exported a large amount of table definitions from a DS project (A) on which I have read only access (Operator). After importing them to another project (B) on which I have read/write access (Datastage and Qualitystage Developer) those table definitions remain read only. I cannot change/delete them there, neither can a user with full admin rights. We have already tried to change the read only flag within the dsx-file and import them again into project B. No success.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Joe
Joe
antonyraj.deva
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by antonyraj.deva »

dsfellow wrote:We have already tried to change the read only flag within the dsx-file and import them again into project B. No success.

Is it not getting imported the second time? Or was the import successful but the problem is still persisting?
TONY
ETL Manager
Infotrellis India

"Do what you can, with what you have, from where you are and to the best of your abilities."
dsfellow
Participant

Post by dsfellow »

antonyraj.deva wrote:
dsfellow wrote:We have already tried to change the read only flag within the dsx-file and import them again into project B. No success.

Is it not getting imported the second time? Or was the import successful but the problem is still persisting?
I can't import them a second time.
Joe
antonyraj.deva
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by antonyraj.deva »

Login to the server either as "root" or as "dsadm" user.

Locate the folder in the Server where these Table Definitions are stored and delete them.

If still you are unable to delete from the O/S level, then try to rename the folder by adding ".old" and create a new folder with the Original folder name.

Better if you can close all clients and shut down the engine before trying the steps.
TONY
ETL Manager
Infotrellis India

"Do what you can, with what you have, from where you are and to the best of your abilities."
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

antonyraj.deva wrote: Locate the folder in the Server where these Table Definitions are stored and delete them.
you should not do that as this will invalidate all the entries in XMETA.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
antonyraj.deva
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by antonyraj.deva »

priyadarshikunal wrote:you should not do that as this will invalidate all the entries in XMETA.
Hi Priyadarshi,

I don't think so that if we delete the Table Definitions at the Project level, the entire XMETA will be affected.

Correct me if I am wrong.
TONY
ETL Manager
Infotrellis India

priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

Sorry for not explaining my answer. There are few tables which stores table definitions and those tables were affected.

Probably the table names are:
DATASTAGEX_XMETAGEN_DSCOLUMNDEFINITIONC2E76D84,
DATASTAGEX_XMETAGEN_DSTABLEDEFINITION_IMPORTEDBY_DSDATACONNECTION_IMPORTS_DSTABLEDEFINITIONC2E76D84, DATASTAGEX_XMETAGEN_DSTABLEDEFINITIONC2E76D84,DATASTAGEX_XMETAGEN_DSTABLEDEFPROPSC2E76D84
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink: