NULLABLE FATAL ERROR

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

raju4u
Participant

NULLABLE FATAL ERROR

Post by raju4u »

HI Gm,
V 8.1
i am joing 2 db2 stages by using join stage.

but the problem is from left side key is nullable is no and right side key nullable is yes now i am getting the warning and fatal eror

Join_21: When checking operator: On input data set 1: When binding input interface field "PARR_ID" to field "PARR_ID": Converting a nullable source to a non-nullable result;
a fatal runtime error could occur;
use a modify operator to specify the value to which the null should be converted

i made changes from right side db2 nullable is no and i tried tu put the modify stage and the specification is PARR_ID = HANDLE_NULL (PARR_ID, "NULL")

i have changed in join output is nullable yes but still i am getting the error
fatal;
Join_21: When checking operator: On input data set 1: When binding input interface field "PARR_ID" to field "PARR_ID": Converting a nullable source to a non-nullable result;
use a modify operator to specify the value to which the null should be converted

help me on this regard
N R REDDY
antonyraj.deva
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by antonyraj.deva »

A key Column is "Nullable" in DB2 Table. :?
TONY
ETL Manager
Infotrellis India

"Do what you can, with what you have, from where you are and to the best of your abilities."
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

You should do as suggested and use a modify stage or a transform to convert both source columns to the same nullability in order to avoid this problem.
g_rkrish
Participant

Re: NULLABLE FATAL ERROR

Post by g_rkrish »

raju4u wrote:HI Gm,
V 8.1
i am joing 2 db2 stages by using join stage.

but the problem is from left side key is nullable is no and right side key nullable is yes now i am getting the warning and fatal eror

i made changes from right side db2 nullable is no and i tried tu put the modify stage and the specification is PARR_ID = HANDLE_NULL (PARR_ID, "NULL")

i have changed in join output is nullable yes but still i am getting the error
fatal;

help me on this regard

If your join fails it puts a null,what is the next stage to the join you have make that as nullbale yes.It should go through.
RK