Accessing Active Directory information

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

yakiku
Premium Member
Premium Member

Accessing Active Directory information

Post by yakiku »

Hi,

Is there a way to access active directory information from a DataStage job? If so, are there any plug-ins needed for that?

Thanks
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I have heard that 8.0 has a plugin/methodology to access it directly. In earlier versions, no. But a combination of java packs and webservices might work.
I access data from AD at my site. What I did was to do an ldap/csvde call in a windows bat script. Spit out the result to a flat file and then ftp it over to my DataStage server. That might be something you want to look at.
Search for csvde in google for exact syntax and usage.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
vinaymanchinila
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vinaymanchinila »

Hi All

Is there a new stage in 8.1 to access AD/LDAP?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No, though I guess you could use the Java PACK and one of the existing Java applications "out there" to access AD/LDAP from DataStage.

In version 8.x one of the options for user authentication is to use LDAP to access a user registry such as Active Directory. However, this is configured within WebSphere Application Server, and is completely insulated from any Information Server product.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

Hi Ray,
I have also seen that the user authentication can be AD in 8.x but can we use this feature selectively for certain users

Regards
Sreeni
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No. Only one method of user authentication can be used.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vinaymanchinila
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vinaymanchinila »

Ok, thank you guys, FYI wanted to extract attributes from AD based on the ID, will go the java pack way.