regarding connection with webservice

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rahul8055
Participant

regarding connection with webservice

Post by rahul8055 »

Hello,
I am using datastage 8x
could anyone help me with the connections to webservices.
the source and target both are web services.
I quess I need to use WISD input for source and WISD output for target to get connection to web services.please tell me how can I connect to webservices to capture the data i mean the live data.

thank you
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Search thru the doc and in the forum for entries on Web Services Pack. It is designed to invoke simple web services from within DataStage. If these are services that provide a limited number of rows at the source, and the same at the target, you can use Web Services Pack for that, usually the WS Client Stage. However, the Web Services Pack is designed for Web Services that delivery single relational rows....if the SOAP body is more complex, either with an array or with a hierarchical body, then you will need to also get experienced with XMLPack and put the two together at your source and at your target.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
rahul8055
Participant

web services

Post by rahul8055 »

eostic wrote:Search thru the doc and in the forum for entries on Web Services Pack. It is designed to invoke simple web services from within DataStage. If these are services that provide a limited number of rows at the source, and the same at the target, you can use Web Services Pack for that, usually the WS Client Stage. However, the Web Services Pack is designed for Web Services that delivery single relational rows....if the SOAP body is more complex, either with an array or with a hierarchical body, then you will need to also get experienced with XMLPack and put the two together at your source and at your target.

Ernie

Thank You eostic.

Actually the thing is A website calls a webservice and I need to connect to that webservice through datastage 8x.
So when the information is entered into the website as it calls that particular webservice I have to capture that information and validate that information and send it back as a responce to that webservice.
this is the scenario.....prabably this could be easy for you to help me..

which is the better stage to use for connecting the webservice and sending the information as a response?