How to save multiload history log files

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nani1974
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to save multiload history log files

Post by nani1974 »

Hi,
I am doing a Multiload, the report files are overwritten each time i run the job,i want to save the report files each time the job runs......can any one please help me.

Kumar.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sounds like Teradata to me, if so have you asked this question of your Teradata DBA? I'm assuming these "report files" are something specific to the database and outside of DataStage's direct control.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
nani1974
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nani1974 »

Hi Craig,
Im doing a job with Teradata multiload as target, there we have report file and control file to be mentioned....when we run the job..every time a report file will be generated and every time it is over written....so what i should do if i want previous report files (log files)....how can i look into previous log files.

Thanks
Kumar.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Probably easiest is an after-job subroutine to move the report file to a different location, possibly renaming the file to include a date or timestamp component in its name.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Now that I have a better idea of what you speak, that would be my advice as well. Move it aside 'after job' with a date/timestamp as noted.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
fridge
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by fridge »

I havent got Datastage infront of me at the moment - but another approach would be to use parameters to specify the names of the rpt files

You can use an activity variable stage in a sequencer to pass in the name of the file (or even just an extention) based on a timestamp

As I say I havent got datastage with me at moment but something along the lines of

UserVariable, FileExt="_":now() --> Job Containing ML stage

in ML job specify report file name as MyReport#FileExt#.rpt

The syntax above may not be right but you get the general idea - if not post back and will try to expand tomorrow when back in office (work with teradata)