Fast Track - how to define target sequential files

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jreddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Fast Track - how to define target sequential files

Post by jreddy »

In FastTrack, it is fairly easier to import the metadata from the data sources and use them as either source or target in the mapping specifications.

I am stuck when it comes to generating a mapping specification where the target needs to be a sequential file. Though i use a configuration for sequential file, when i generate the job, it shows a ODBC connector stage for every single column that i have in the mapping spec.

Any idea what i might be doing wrong ?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Nothing. FastTrack ALWAYS uses connectors. It will assume that the ODBC driver for text files is intended.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jreddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jreddy »

So, it seems like there is no way i will be able to auto generating a job with a sequential file as the target stage or in fact for that matter as a source stage if i am reading data from a flat file.

Is this right Ray ?

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That would indeed be what he said.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I believe this is another thing addressed (to be addressed) in the next version.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.