XML error:Caught unknown exception from runLocally()

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Detail for us exactly what it was that you tried. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Assumng that your job is just a simple source...copy...transformer...xmlOutput...Sequential, then start looking at other things...compare the properties in your xmlOutput in "this" job to the jobs where it works.... How is this one different from any of your others?

Try different sources..... try a RowGenerator...maybe it's something in your data....

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
g_rkrish
Participant

Post by g_rkrish »

eostic wrote:Assumng that your job is just a simple source...copy...transformer...xmlOutput...Sequential, then start looking at other things...compare the properties in your xmlOutput in "this" job to the jobs where it works.... How is this one different from any of your others?

Try different sources..... try a RowGenerator...maybe it's something in your data....

Ernie
I did change source to a seq file it failed.But i tried the same with server job with seqfile-->xfrm--->xml O/p but getting the error "Abnormal termination of stage XMLTestSer..XML_Output_2 detected"0
RK
g_rkrish
Participant

Post by g_rkrish »

g_rkrish wrote:
eostic wrote:Assumng that your job is just a simple source...copy...transformer...xmlOutput...Sequential, then start looking at other things...compare the properties in your xmlOutput in "this" job to the jobs where it works.... How is this one different from any of your others?

Ernie
I did change source to a seq file it failed.But i tried the same with server job with seqfile-->xfrm--->xml O/p but getting the error "Abnormal termination of stage XMLTestSer..XML_Output_2 detected"0
I fixed the issue it was we are getting a new column and putting that into the XML so xml o/p stage did not have a description for that, so i gave that as head and tried running, it is going through but in 7.x it is going thro with out the desc specified

Erine,

any suggestions on that.

Thanks,
RK
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Do you want that column on your XML? If so, it needs xpath on the input link. If not, I would delete it from the link.

Why did it work before? Chalk it up to "code tightening." I am surprised it didn't get an error.

Good debugging work!

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
g_rkrish
Participant

Post by g_rkrish »

eostic wrote:Do you want that column on your XML? If so, it needs xpath on the input link. If not, I would delete it from the link.

Why did it work before? Chalk it up to "code tightening." I am surprised it didn't get an error.

Good debugging work!

Ernie

Also Ernie,

what is desc saying <none>Searchable? N Means.

That has that in 7.1 and 8.1 i deletedit works.But it did not work with none stuff in 8.1.what is that none is all about.
RK
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

g_rkrish wrote:what is desc saying <none>Searchable? N Means.
The "<none>" means that whoever imported/created the table definition or column definition was lazy and did not provide a description.

"Searchable? N" means either that the table does not have an index on this column or that the index information was not imported.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Exacly...it's a leftover from/during the metadata import process....and since <non> "happens" to look like xml, it makes sense that it had a problem. The current xml pack "overloads" the description as a place to carry xpath.

Unfortunately it wasn't caught in 7.x.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
g_rkrish
Participant

Post by g_rkrish »

eostic wrote:Exacly...it's a leftover from/during the metadata import process....and since <non> "happens" to look like xml, it makes sense that it had a problem. The current xml pack "overloads" the description as a place to carry xpath.

Unfortunately it wasn't caught in 7.x.

Ernie
Thanks Ernie,Ray and Criag for all your inputs.It was good fun in debugging, this made me to learn a lot on XML stuff.
RK