How to convert multiple columns into rows.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sirishds
Participant

How to convert multiple columns into rows.

Post by sirishds »

Hi,

Please find the requirement below For better understanding about my query i have underline the required output

source Target
custno custpre abc
1 2 1,2,3
1 3 2,5,6
2 5
3 6

How do i perform if using transformer.

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Sirish.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Please look into the Pivot Enterprise stage in the Parallel Job Developer Guide and, should your needs not be met by that stage, ask again here in this thread.
sirishds
Participant

Post by sirishds »

ArndW wrote:Please look into the Pivot Enterprise stage in the Parallel Job Developer Guide and, should your needs not be met by that stage, ask again here in this thread.
Thanks for your prompt reply ANDRW but i could not meet my requirement by pivot stage i initiated my job initially by Pivot stage,i am supposed to use transformer folowed by aggregator to perform the job

thanks in advance.
Sirishds
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why?

Would you use a hammer to tighten a screw?

Use the right tool for the job.

Resist stupid requirements!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

It can be done using stage variables, but I agree with Ray that unless there is a good reason not to use the pivot it should be used.