Sql driver issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

deva
Participant

Sql driver issue

Post by deva »

Hi I am running one job. oracle is the source and I am using ODBC_Connector as lookup. I used around 8 odbc connects as lookup in different placess in that job. This job will take around 4 hours. After two hours I am getting the following error. I didn't see any fatal errors. but job aborted with following error.

sql_IPS_UOM2,0: [IIS-CONN-ODBC-000105] Connected to Microsoft SQL Server, version 09.00.4053 through driver VMmsss23.so.
[IIS-CONN-ODBC-000099] The driver does not support quoted identifiers in SQL statements.

Can any one suggested me the issue.

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If Oracle is the source, how are you "Connected to Microsoft SQL Server"? Regardless, it doesn't like the fact that you have quoted identifiers as noted in the error message.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

Is your source 'Oracle' and target is 'SQL Server' /
You can ignore the message. Definitely this message is not the 'cause for abort'

Regards
Sreeni
oacvb
Participant

Post by oacvb »

I am also facing the same problem. I am extracting it from Db2 database and inserting the data into SQL Server 2000. I modified the job to write into a dataset and it work fine, so there were no issues with Source. I am using ODBC Connector Stage only to connect SQL Server Database. Using DataStage V 8.0.1 in AIX.

Please see the below error message and appreciate your help to resolve the issue.

ODBC_Connector_41: [IIS-CONN-ODBC-000105] Connected to Microsoft SQL Server, version 08.00.12803 through driver VMmsss22.so.
[IIS-CONN-ODBC-000099] The driver does not support quoted identifiers in SQL statements
[IIS-CONN-DAAPI-000361] Generated INSERT statement: INSERT INTO POS_Storage.dbo.POS_LineItems(BUSINESSDATE,STORE,ID,ITEM_NUM,UPC,BUSINESSGROUP,DEPT,QTY,UOM,EXTPRICE,RTLPRICE,VOID,STARTDT,REASON,BUSINESSTIME,PROCESS_DAY,TND_CODE,CARDNO,NETEXTPRICE) VALUES(ORCHESTRATE.BUSINESSDATE,ORCHESTRATE.STORE,ORCHESTRATE.ID,ORCHESTRATE.ITEM_NUM,ORCHESTRATE.UPC,ORCHESTRATE.BUSINESSGROUP,ORCHESTRATE.DEPT,ORCHESTRATE.QTY,ORCHESTRATE.UOM,ORCHESTRATE.EXTPRICE,ORCHESTRATE.RTLPRICE,ORCHESTRATE.VOID,ORCHESTRATE.STARTDT,ORCHESTRATE.REASON,ORCHESTRATE.BUSINESSTIME,ORCHESTRATE.PROCESS_DAY,ORCHESTRATE.TND_CODE,ORCHESTRATE.CARDNO,ORCHESTRATE.NETEXTPRICE)

ODBC_Connector_41: [IIS-CONN-ODBC-000031] Unexpected character found at offset 15 parsing table name POS_Storage.dbo.POS_LineItems (CC_OdbcTableNameParser::parse, file CC_OdbcTableNameParser.cpp, line 293)
main_program: Could not check all operators because of previous error(s)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you configured a data source name to use the Microsoft SQL Server driver rather than the appropriate Oracle driver?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
oacvb
Participant

Post by oacvb »

Hello,

I have configured in ODBC.ini and .uvobdc config files. Please let me know if i need to configure in other places.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You need to configure .odbc.ini in the engine directory.

You also need to configure the DSNs correctly.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
oacvb
Participant

Post by oacvb »

I don't think it is a problem with .odbc.ini or DSN's because the same parameter is working fine through ODBC stage but not able to connect to same DSN by using ODBC Connector stage.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you able to do anything at all with Connectors (such as import a table definition)? If not it might be an issue with the Connector Access Service, rather than with the DSN definition.

Connectors use a "funky method using Java and XML" (to quote a very knowledgable IBM support analyst) whereas simpler stage types, such as ODBC Enterprise or Dynamic RDBMS, use the database client software directly or through a driver.
oacvb
Participant

Post by oacvb »

Hi,

I modified all the configuration files, now i could able to connect to database. I am receiving the following error.

ODBC_Contr_PoS_Baskets: [IIS-CONN-ODBC-000031] Unexpected character found at offset 19 parsing table name POS_Storage_ITF.dbo.POS_Baskets (CC_OdbcTableNameParser::parse, file CC_OdbcTableNameParser.cpp, line 293)
oacvb
Participant

Post by oacvb »

The issue is fixed. I have mentioned both Schema name and Table name which was giving erro, so i modified to have only the table name. It is working fine. Thanks for your help.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Your next task, then, is to mark this thread as Resolved using the green button at the top of the page.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

... that or someone can push the button for them. <click> :wink:
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

... and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

:lol:
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Come over to the dark side, we have cookies! :D
-craig