Job does not see the change in Shared container

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Hongqing Tang
Premium Member
Premium Member

Job does not see the change in Shared container

Post by Hongqing Tang »

I have a job that uses the shared container. It passed the compile, then I found an error in the shared container while test run it. So, I fixed the error in the shared container and recompile the job. But when I click "Run", it gives a warning msg says that the shared container was modified before the job was compiled, the changes in the shared container is not included in the job. If I click run anyways, the job keep failing with the old error msg as if the shared container was not fixed. The problem here is that although the shared container is fixed, the job is not taking it during compile. Has anyone seen this problem? How did you resolve it?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Normally that message only occurs if, indeed, the job was not recompiled after the shared container was modified and saved. But I am in a project where at present we have 3-4 people working on jobs that all use a common shared container which I am still constantly making changes to; and in the past couple of days some of the users have seen similar problems in that they re-compile their job and get an error message referring to a shared container version that is several hours old, while I recompile my test job and use the newer and correct version of the container. If I close my designer (closing the container isn't sufficient) then they get the newer version on recompile. The "force compile" option makes no difference.
I assume that we have a locking and concurrency issue here at 8.1 but haven't looked into possible causes because we are currently too busy to do so.
Back to your problem - did you change the container in the same designer session? If you close the designer and re-open and then compile the job does the warning go away? Perhaps in your case a force compile might do the trick.
Hongqing Tang
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Hongqing Tang »

That issue started last week. Today, I went back and tried it again, I am having the same issue.
agpt
Participant

Post by agpt »

Hongqing Tang wrote:That issue started last week. Today, I went back and tried it again, I am having the same issue.
Are you sure you are the only user of this shared container?
Hongqing Tang
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Hongqing Tang »

Yes, I am sure I am the only user at this time.
agpt
Participant

Post by agpt »

Hongqing Tang wrote:Yes, I am sure I am the only user at this time.
did you try restarting you DS client or your machine?
sureshreddy2009
Participant

Post by sureshreddy2009 »

I have a solution by seeing all above posts
create copy of that job. convert that shared container to stages in the job , compile and run.then its easy to debug once its done.then based on that you can change in job or in shared container . :idea: hope this will helps thanks
Suresh Reddy
ETL Developer
Research Operations

"its important to know in which direction we are moving rather than where we are"
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

When you created the shared container in the job, did you make a copy of the shared container, or did you create a reference to the shared container?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sureshreddy2009
Participant

Post by sureshreddy2009 »

This topic is marked as resolved..What steps you took for resolving this issue..
Suresh Reddy
ETL Developer
Research Operations

"its important to know in which direction we are moving rather than where we are"