Server Job Import Issue in 8.1

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

stilloo
Participant

Server Job Import Issue in 8.1

Post by stilloo »

Hi All,

I want to export import a project from server from 7.5.1 to 8.1 when I am trying to do so I am getting error saying

Note : At least one job executables was not imported because the export file was from earlier version of Datastage (7.5.1) . This job must be recompiled for the current version

Number Not Imported = 81

and when I am trying to open any sequencer it is giving error that object not found.

Please help me on this of any one knows about this error

Thanks and Regards,
Sachin
mf_arts
Participant

Post by mf_arts »

Hi Sachin,

In first place take a look to the IBM manual IBM Information Server Planning, Installation, and Configuration Guide shipped with the product, in particular Migrating from DataStage Version 7.5 to WebSphere DataStage Version 8 (search for this string in the pdf) then you might want to try to export the job from 7.x version without executables and finally exporting the job to XML format and import in the new version.
I remember I had some similar issue in the past with server jobs with containers and I solved exporting these jobs witout executables and in XML format.

Regards
Mario Fernandes

An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less. - Nicholas Murray Butler
stilloo
Participant

Post by stilloo »

Hi Mario,

Thanks for your response,the Jobs has been successfully imported but whenever I am trying to open any sequencer its giving the following error

'An error occured when excuting the operation : object reference not set to an instance of an object"

You have any idea about this ?

Thanks and Regards,
Sachin
stilloo
Participant

Post by stilloo »

Hi Mario,

Thanks for your response,the Jobs has been successfully imported but whenever I am trying to open any sequencer its giving the following error

'An error occured when excuting the operation : object reference not set to an instance of an object"

You have any idea about this ?

Thanks and Regards,
Sachin
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I would disagree with the statement that "the jobs have been successfully imported". :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
stilloo
Participant

Post by stilloo »

Hi craig,

While Importing it has not given any errors, Please suggest how i Should proceed ?

Thanks
Sachin
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Does the job refer to any other components, maybe shared container, routine, etc? If so, have those objects been imported too?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As noted, it sounds like you may not have exported the entire project. Are you thinking that you did? Are the equivalents of all 'optional' plug-in stages installed in the new server?
-craig

stilloo
Participant

Post by stilloo »

Hi,

I am just exporting all the jobs,shared containers,routines etc..except job executables but I am exporting all the project, while exporting jobs its giving the popup " 357 objects omitted" but while Importing it does not give any error. Ican be able to compile all the jobs shared containers every thing but only problem I am facing is in sequencer , I am not able to open sequencer .

Thanks,
Sachin
stilloo
Participant

Post by stilloo »

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your response , but may i know what are those optional plug-in I need to install on new server ?

Thanks and Regards,
Sachin
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There are a number of optional plug-ins one can select when installing the server component, most of the database ones for example. I would check that branch in the Manager in the 7.x project and make sure anything you are using there is also installed in the 8.x project.

If your only issue is with Sequence jobs, however, I don't see how that would help. Probably best to involve your official support provider at this point.
-craig