Warning Concern -- masking of an error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kirannumb
Participant

Warning Concern -- masking of an error

Post by kirannumb »

Hi All,

I have a general question---

We are planning to mask the below warning using Message Handler, I am curious to know if it will mask any error in the future.

cc_stage: When checking operator: Defaulting "X" in transfer from "beforeRec" to "outputRec".
Kiran
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Message handlers are based on the Message ID.

Only that particular message ID will be masked. And only in jobs for which the message handler is loaded.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kirannumb
Participant

Post by kirannumb »

ray.wurlod wrote:Message handlers are based on the Message ID.

Only that particular message ID will be masked. And only in jobs for which the message handler is loaded. ...
Yes true. I am just concern to know whether masking this particular warning will never mask an error so that there will not be a change in the functionality.

Just want to know if there is any chance of turning this warning into error ??
Kiran
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If you haven't done so already, do an exact search for When checking operator: Defaulting and see if any of the 43 other matches help you with this decision, that or help you correct rather than demote it. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers