jobs are aborting when running. Below is the error message

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ajaykumar
Participant

jobs are aborting when running. Below is the error message

Post by ajaykumar »

This is the error message i m getting

main_program: Fatal Error: Unable to start ORCHESTRATE job: APT_PMwaitForPlayersToStart failed while waiting for players to confirm startup. This likely indicates a network problem.
Status from APT_PMpoll is 0; node name is node1.

Please its very urgent.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

We don't do "urgent". DSXchange is an all-volunteer site whose members post if and when they can. If you need "urgent" help sign up for priority service with your official support provider and learn just how much "urgent" costs. Meanwhile why not Search DSXchange? You're not the first to have seen this error message.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hmmm... seems to me it is likely that you have a network problem.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
antonyraj.deva
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by antonyraj.deva »

This may indicate a system error when lots of processes are running in parallel at the same point.

Check if you've get a core file generated in $DSHOME and your DataStage project directory, if yes then it is mostly a memory leaking issue.

Try recompliling the job after restarting the server. It might resolve the issue. :idea:

Thanks,
Tony