Individual Job Running fine, but when run through sequence j

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chowdhury99
Participant

Individual Job Running fine, but when run through sequence j

Post by chowdhury99 »

Hello,
When I run my sequence in Dev Environment it's running fine. But, when I run in Test Environment sequence aborted. When I run the job individually in test, that runs successfully. Following error I am getting:

ORA-12537: TNS:connection closed
Connect failed: ORA-12537: TNS:connection closed
APT_OraUpsertOperator: connect failed. Environment: user: efpdm; password: *****; server: FPMT10; ORACLE_SID: ; ORACLE_HOME: /opt/oracle/product/102.

I searched the dsxchange, but didn't able to solve the issue.

I appreciate any kind of suggestions.

Thanks.
swarnkar
Participant

Re: Individual Job Running fine, but when run through sequen

Post by swarnkar »

chowdhury99 wrote:Hello,
When I run my sequence in Dev Environment it's running fine. But, when I run in Test Environment sequence aborted. When I run the job individually in test, that runs successfully. Following error I am getting:

Thanks.
Just check what are the values for DSN,UserName,Password you have passed through sequencer job to server job (If at all, you passing any value), or make sure you are calling the right job.

While running job through sequencer, your server job is not able to make connections to database.

Thanks,
Nitin Swarnkar
chowdhury99
Participant

Re: Individual Job Running fine, but when run through sequen

Post by chowdhury99 »

Hi Nitin,
We are using parameter sets, so username/password is not an issue.

Thanks.
swarnkar wrote:
chowdhury99 wrote:Hello,

Thanks.
Just check what are the values for DSN,UserName,Password you have passed through sequencer job to server job (If at all, you passing any value), or make sure you are calling the right job.

While running job through sequencer, your server job is not able to make connections to database.

Thanks,
Nitin Swarnkar
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

it should be easy for your DBA to find out the difference between dev and test box. Involve him.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
chowdhury99
Participant

Post by chowdhury99 »

priyadarshikunal wrote:it should be easy for your DBA to find out the difference between dev and test box. Involve him.
Hi Priya,
So far I am thinking it may be the limited number of connection issues from datastage to database. Currently, Dev and Test both have same number of connections. I already requested our DBA to increase the connections. Once I get the increased connections, I will run and check if there are still errors.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Look in the job logs - job starting event - for the successful and failed attempts. Is the password, as encrypted, the same for both?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chowdhury99
Participant

Post by chowdhury99 »

Our DBA increased the number of concurrent connections from datastage to database 100 to 200. That solved the problem. So I am marking this post as resolved.
ray.wurlod wrote:Look in the job logs - job starting event - for the successful and failed attempts. Is the password, as encrypted, the same for both? ...
chowdhury99
Participant

Post by chowdhury99 »

Yes, password was same for both.
ray.wurlod wrote:Look in the job logs - job starting event - for the successful and failed attempts. Is the password, as encrypted, the same for both? ...