Execute procedure from server routine

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sspreethi
Participant

Execute procedure from server routine

Post by sspreethi »

Hi

I have a requirement to refresh a materialized view (mv) only when one table within mv has > 0 records. If count=0 another set of steps need to be done.

To achieve this I decided to call an oracle procedure from a server routine and later branch accordingly. This procedure does a materialized view refresh based on table count and returns a value that should be captured in the routine.

I searched the forum but couldnt exactly find what I am looking for.

I have below lines in a sql file which I am calling from the routine.

DECLARE
v_cnt number;
BEGIN
REFRESH_MV ('t_abc','mv_abc', v_cnt);
dbms_output.put_line(v_cnt);
END;
/

Command = "sqlplus -s ":username:"@":database:"/":password:" @":FileName
Call DSExecute("UNIX", Command, Output, ExitStatus)

When I display Output it shows as below:

Output:
PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.

Error 45 initializing SQL*Plus
Internal error

I am able to execute a function and capture its return value from a routine. I couldnt convert the above procedure into a function because of dbms_mview.refresh in it.

Not sure if I am doing something wrong. All I need is execute procedure and capture its output value (v_cnt). Let me know if there is a different way to approach this.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

You probably need the Oracle environment variables like ORA_HOME. You can put these in dsenv and restart DataStage.
Mamu Kim
sspreethi
Participant

Post by sspreethi »

Thank you Duke. I will try if this works.

Meanwhile I decided to write the count to a temp table from within the procedure which I then read from the routine. This solved my issue.
swarnkar
Participant

Post by swarnkar »

sspreethi wrote: Meanwhile I decided to write the count to a temp table from within the procedure which I then read from the routine. .
If you could read table from routine then you could execute the stored procedures also.

Thanks,
Nitin Swarnkar