Strange Error (Unable to determine current working director)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Strange Error (Unable to determine current working director)

Post by nagarjuna »

Hello Everyone ,

I am facing a sporadic issue in datastage . Some of our jobs are getting aborted with the below error message :

Internal Error: (0):util/pathutils.C: 373: Unable to determine current working directory! This very likely due to a problem with file permissions on the directory or directories above this point. The error was No such file or directory
Traceback: Could not obtain stack trace; check that 'dbx' and 'sed' are installed and on your PATH

I have searched the forum but didnt get any correct resolution . When I restart the job , sometimes it completed successfully .There are situations where job is successful in 5th attempt .It looks very strange for me .

I have checked the following things also
a) File permissions

b)directory permissions

c)scratch disk and resource disk permissions .

It would be eally helpfull if someone can help me in resolving the same ?

Thanks
Nag
Nag
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Make sure your PWD environment variable is set, even if it value is "." (current directory).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nagarjuna »

Hi Ray ,

Let us suppose that i have not set the PWD correctly . Why the job is getting completed successful in the 3rd or 4th attempt sometimes ?

Anyways I checked that the path is correctly set .

Thanks
Nag