istool - custom path

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prasad111
Premium Member
Premium Member

istool - custom path

Post by prasad111 »

We have V8.1.0.1 [with fixpack1], I am able to build a package from GUI, but not able to find the package in the server
How can I fid the location of the file [ tried find / -name "<package_name>" -print #couldn't find]?
Is it possible to give the location of the file while building (or) do we need to configure anything in the server for this?

Thanks for all your replies
Prasad
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try

Code: Select all

find / -name '*package_name*' -print
Look first in the directory from which you executed istool.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
prasad111
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasad111 »

I have executed that command didn't find the file, Also in the istool directory there was no file

BTW I am creating the package from Information Server Manager Client tool[GUI]
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Perhaps search for *.isx then.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
prasad111
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasad111 »

Searched with all different combinations, but couldn't find.
attu
Participant

Post by attu »

Go to Preferences by clicking On the Top left hand side on IBM server Manager. Define your build path and deploy path of packages ( Once package is created it will be found on that specific path)
prasad111
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasad111 »

Thanks, I am able to configure the path as you suggested, the defaut path was //istoolBuild.

When I created a new package in /tmp, the file was created as a root user and root group is this the default behaviour? It would be difficult for regular users to delete the file externally (i.e. from UNIX)? Currently we can delete it from IS Manager tool.

Code: Select all

-rw-r--r--  1 root       root          66442 May 25 12:30 /tmp/Test.pkg
Thanks
Prasad
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Sounds like you started services as root.
prasad111
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasad111 »

Yes our services run with the root id. To resolve the client hung up issue we are starting the services with root id. Is there any best practice, with which id to start the services?
Is there possible to have any option for IS Manager for saving the packages with the individual user id's in server?

Thanks
Prasad