Aborting job for warning on the DB insert / update...

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

videsh77
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by videsh77 »

We came across situation where we insert / update to the database, at that time if that operation fails we received warning in job execution log. Even though insert / update did not work as expected, DS job finished successfully.
But the negative effect of this is seen in further execution.

What we want to have, is there any kind of message handler or something of that sort, could be used in case if warning is associated with DB related stage ?

Your help is highly appreciated.
Thanks with regards,
videsh.
ajay.vaidyanathan
Participant

Post by ajay.vaidyanathan »

Hi,

If you are using a sequencer to call your job, then you can capture the "WARNING" or "ERROR" message from the DS Director and proceed further with your requirement.
Regards
Ajay
videsh77
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by videsh77 »

Hi Ajay

We are not calling this DS job using sequencer. We are calling DS job using dsjob through ContolM.

Anyway, is there a possibility of trapping warning, from one particular stage using sequencer ?

Thanks & regards,
Vikram.
Thanks with regards,
videsh.
videsh77
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by videsh77 »

For an DB EE stage, one can attach reject link, which could indicate insert or update SQL failure. On this Reject link, having transformer with constraint abort after 1 rows, would ensure the job gets aborted.

But my problem still not solved, as I cannot use DB EE stage, since the target database I am using is non-partitioned database. And, for API stage I did not find any such option of warning handler or reject link.

Note - I am using DB2 UDB stage.
Thanks with regards,
videsh.