Teradata Connector Stage in Bulk mode

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shershahkhan
Participant

Teradata Connector Stage in Bulk mode

Post by shershahkhan »

I have a source table in Teradata(table containing 5 rows) when i read it through Terdata Connector stage(TPT) setting "Access Method = immediate" then it gives the result in few second when i change the "Access Method = bulk" the job doesn't work i wait for it 5-10 min and it doesn't gives any result, do any body know if any parameters need to be set to use it in bulk mode. For the time being the configration file contain one node and the jobs hangs on the step "main program: Starting step execution"
shershahkhan
Participant

Post by shershahkhan »

The jobs structure is
Teradata Connector - > SeqFile

Access Method = Bulk
Parallel Synchronization = No (Also tried with Yes but same result)

Most the properties are default, Whenever i read or wirte using AccessMethod = Bulk the jobs just hangs it doesn't give any error messgae or any output, so i am not able to figure out what might be the problem. Is this configration problem?, when i run a manual TPT script from the Unix machine it wors but from DS it hangs the job.
shershahkhan
Participant

Post by shershahkhan »

This was configration problem, IBM provide us a patch and its working now
nmed27
Participant

Post by nmed27 »

shershahkhan wrote:This was configration problem, IBM provide us a patch and its working now
Could you please advise the patch number that was provided?
Nitin Mediratta
Think Different!
nmed27
Participant

Post by nmed27 »

shershahkhan wrote:This was configration problem, IBM provide us a patch and its working now
Could you please advise the patch number that was provided?
Nitin Mediratta
Think Different!