Concurrent loads - Performance Issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jreddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Concurrent loads - Performance Issue

Post by jreddy »

Hi,
Have a weird issue. We have one DW load that runs a set of server jobs that runs couple times of day (total run time is only 11 min) and another load that runs tons of parallel jobs (total run time is about an hour and processes lot of data).
Normally when submitted by itself, both loads perform fine. But when i have the parallel load running and suddenly the server load kicks in, almost always the server load completes fine, but the parallel load kind of goes into a pause-waiting mode and status of jobs show 'Running', but there is no DB activity and nothing running on the server.

Any clues as to where to start looking? MFILES is set at 200, but i wonder if that is what the issue is about.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Anything locked on the DB server? Are both sets of jobs writing to the same table(s)?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jreddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jreddy »

No, these loads don't write to the same DB at all - totally different DB's