Nvarchar - Datatype Not Supported

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSMaestro
Participant

Nvarchar - Datatype Not Supported

Post by DSMaestro »

When i was trying to extract column from a table mounted in SQL-Server 2005 database, I was getting the following error,

Error executing View Data command:##E IIS-DSEE-TDOD-00001 10:41:44(007) <main_program> Datatype Not Supported

##E IIS-DSEE-TDOD-00001 10:41:44(007) <main_program> Datatype Not Supported
##E IIS-DSEE-TOPK-00007 10:41:44(012) <_PEEK_IDENT_> Input dataset does not have field: "SupportCallEventID".
##E IIS-DSEE-TOPK-00007 10:41:44(013) <_PEEK_IDENT_> Input dataset does not have field: "Notes".
##E IIS-DSEE-TFSR-00019 10:41:44(015) <main_program> Could not check all operators because of previous error(s)
##E IIS-DSEE-TCOS-00029 10:41:44(022) <main_program> Creation of a step finished with status = FAILED.
I found there is a column 'Notes' in the table with data type of NVarchar(max) length, which is giving the problem.

How could we read the columns with NVarchar(max) in datastage.

Thanks in Advance....
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What stage are you using? What does the documentation for that stage list as unsupported data types and/or as 'issues' for the stage?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DSMaestro
Participant

Post by DSMaestro »

chulett wrote:What stage are you using? What does the documentation for that stage list as unsupported data types and/or as 'issues' for the stage? ...

I'm using 'SQLServer Enterprise' Stage for extracting the records.

Documentation for this stage doesn't give any information about the unsupported data types.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

NVarChar is supported. NVarChar(max) - aka TEXT - probably isn't. Try using a large bounded NVarChar.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

DSMaestro wrote:
chulett wrote:What stage are you using? What does the documentation for that stage list as unsupported data types and/or as 'issues' for the stage? ...
I'm using 'SQLServer Enterprise' Stage for extracting the records.

Documentation for this stage doesn't give any information about the unsupported data types.
You're right. That's too bad, the documentation for the other DB stages certainly does and I find it hard to believe that there are no issues or unsupported data types with these stages.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

Use ODBC Enterprise/ ODBC Connector stage to get around this issue

Regards
Sreeni
desmondcheah
Participant

Post by desmondcheah »

I've also notice.. when using ODBC Connection.. "table" read will get you this problem if there are VarGraphic datatype in the table.

But if you do a custome/user query and select normal datatype column.. it works.

*Cheers
-Desmond