Input file for Bapi Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

BradMiller
Premium Member
Premium Member

Input file for Bapi Stage

Post by BradMiller »

Hi

For a Bapi Stage the INput file should be saved in Unicode Big Endian format.

I have a table from where I am collecting the invoices numbers which are doing to my INput file used in the Bapi Stage to extract the data.

How can I save the file in the Big Endian format in the Seq file stage?
I tried selecting the UTF-16BE int he NLS in the Seq file Stage. It did not work.

PLease suggest.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Umm.. don't know if you can do this directly, but you could post-process the data with $DSHOME/bin/format.conv (also known as $DSHOME/bin/fnuxi) command.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
BradMiller
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BradMiller »

Thanks for replying.

Can you please explain how to use this command?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's original purpose was for migrating UniVerse hashed files between different-Endian environments. (The name fnuxi is a faux byte-swap of "unix" with an "f" in front.)

To be honest it's more than a decade since I've used it. Open a telnet window and execute the command HELP FORMAT.CONV
From memory the -u option is the one you need.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.