insert and update data

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mayura
Participant

insert and update data

Post by mayura »

condition
table contain data

Target
want to insert the records(may be old or new)
and update all the records present in target.

solution:
currently i am using the DRS stage here in before query i used update statement means before inserting into table it will update the all data in table with indicatior as N and then insert the fresh data into table.
But while running through DRS stage i amnot able to load the data.link shows data has been loaded but table is blank,,
Please let me know how to use exact update and insert using DRS stage.

Thanks,
Mayura :?
Mayura
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The row count on the link shows how many rows were sent to the database server, not necessarily how many rows were loaded.

Are there any errors/warnings reported?

Show us exactly what you're doing in the DRS stage, it's usually easier to spot errors than to regurgitate the manual.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mayura
Participant

Post by mayura »

ray.wurlod wrote:The row count on the link shows how many rows were sent to the database server, not necessarily how many rows were loaded.

Are there any errors/warnings reported?

Show us exactly what you're doi ...

warnings comes as literal string does not match with format specified and link shows around 40k records but o in target and throws above waring. :roll:
Mayura
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: insert and update data

Post by chulett »

mayura wrote:in before query i used update statement
So... you update everything with a blanket update sql in the "before SQL" section? :?

You need to post your actual (unedited) errors before anyone could really help, that and detail all of the settings you are using in the DRS stage. Without that, we'd all be... guessing. :roll:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers