How do I get more details in Director?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tbtcust
Premium Member
Premium Member

How do I get more details in Director?

Post by tbtcust »

I have a three stage job Seq ==> Transformer ===> ODBC (DB2 Database)
The stats in the job says that all records went to the ODBC stage but when I look at the database no records are loaded. Now when I go to Director I can see the progress of the records from the Seq Stage. There are no stats on the other two stages.

How do I get more job details in Director?

Thanks in advance for any help
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

"In Director" means in the job's logs or in what you are seeing via the Monitor option in the Director? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
tbtcust
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tbtcust »

Thanks for your reply chulett.

In what I am seeing via the Monitor option in the Director GUI, i.e., run Director, right click on the job name, then select View Log.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hmmm... the 'Monitor option' and viewing the logs are two completely different things. :?

There's nothing you can do to get any more detail into a job's log, what's there is what is going to be there based on the job design and the stages used. Now, you may be having an issue with getting the data back out, make sure you don't have any kind of Filter enabled.
-craig

tbtcust
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tbtcust »

Apologies for the confusion. I'm using the Director GUI, i.e., run Director, right click on the job name, then select View Log.

I recall we had IBM support in on an unrelated issue a couple of years ago. The recourse tweaked the project so that more detailed information was displayed. Any thoughts?
tbtcust
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tbtcust »

chulett, forgot to answer your Filter suggestion. There are no filters on.
Looks like DS_PXDEBUG = 1 is the answer viewtopic.php?t=131128&highlight=_debug
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Well, it is certainly *an* answer but I wouldn't consider "debug" information something anyone would want to have turned on by default. As noted in the linked thread (and just as an FYI) turn it on if you are having a problem and want to see if the additional information helps, but don't start running around and enabling it in every job. :wink:
-craig