Parameter Set Issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sridharvis
Premium Member
Premium Member

Parameter Set Issue

Post by sridharvis »

Hi,

First of all i need to thank each and every one of you for creating a good professional forum, as being a premium member i have been receiving so much information about the content and where-abouts of DataStage. DSXchange has been a great knowledge sharing site and hats-off to the people who contributed to such a wonderful forum.

Issue in Migartion of DataStage Jobs :-

I migrated jobs + sequencers and its corresponding executables from Dev environment to TST environment. While Executing(passing job parameters) one of the sequencers in TST environment issued that the parameter set did not have the specified parameter. So i manually added the parameter in the parameter set in TST Environment and re-ran the sequence. The sequence aborted with the error message
"Error calling DSSetParam(ps_CDW_UCN_Conn.jp_GDW_SCHEMA_NAME), code=-3
[ParamName does not reference a known parameter of the job]"

The Strange thing is, few sequencers ran fine even-though they use the the same parameter set. I eliminated the above error by re-compiling the jobs + sequencers. Now the real worry for me is since the nature of error is quite unpredictable , what should the best possible step i need to take when i encounter such errors.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Don't encounter them. Prevent them. Recompile everything as soon as you import.

And make sure that you properly migrate parameter sets.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nagarjuna »

Whenever there is a change in number of parameters in parameter set , compile the jobs that are using the paramter set .
Nag
devidotcom
Participant

Post by devidotcom »

Face the same issue... isn't there another solution instead of re-compiling.