Issue with datastage connectivity to SQL server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Ananda
Participant

Issue with datastage connectivity to SQL server

Post by Ananda »

I have a job that extracts data from SQL server and loads to a dataset. DSN has been created to connect to SQL server.

I am using DRSPX stage to connect to SQL server and could view data with the given credentials.

Database type used in DRSPX stage is "MSSQL Server"

But when I run the job, it aborts with following error messages.

CCP_TRIG_CLIENT_HIST,0: d9c2f000-f35c9000 rwxp d9c2f000 00:00 0
CCP_TRIG_CLIENT_HIST,0: f35c9000-f3645000 r-xp 00000000 c7:fff7 63847 /opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/branded_odbc/lib/VMmsss23.so
CCP_TRIG_CLIENT_HIST,0: f3645000-f364a000 rwxp 0007c000 c7:fff7 63847 /opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/branded_odbc/lib/VMmsss23.so
CCP_TRIG_CLIENT_HIST,0: Operator terminated abnormally: received signal SIGABRT
main_program: Step execution finished with status = FAILED.

I replaced DRSPX with ODBC stage. And changed the Database type in DRSPX stage to ODBC. But it aborted again with following error.

main_program: Datatype Not Supported
CCP_TRIG_CLIENT_HIST: When checking operator: The modify operator has a binding for the non-existent output field "correlationId".
CCP_TRIG_CLIENT_HIST: When checking operator: The modify operator has a binding for the non-existent output field "event".
tCopy: Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "correlationId".
Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "event".

I have used DRSPX stage in previous jobs and it is working fine. So it looks like the problem is not with the DRSPX stage.

I then added 2 environment variables:
$MALLOC_CHECK - Default value 0
$DS_NO_PROCESS_METADATA - Default value 1

With these 2 variables, the job ran successfully.

Any pointers on what could be causing this error. I am trying to see if I can avoid the need of these env variables.
If you don't fail now and again, it's a sign you're playing it safe.