Sparse Lookup

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsconultant
Participant

Sparse Lookup

Post by dsconultant »

Hi,
I have 2 databases DDPTE15 and DDPT25.

I need to look up a table(ACCOUNT) from DDPTE15 against a table in DDPT25(ACCT_HIST) and I need only the rejected data.

So I first extract data from ACCOUNT into a dataset. In my second job I am trying to do a sparse look up against ACCT_HIST and it does not work. When I do a normal look up it works fine. When I hard code the key_values into the sparse look up it works fine. But in my query when I put key_column=orchestrate.key_column the job fails.
I have used sparse look up many times before but within the same database and I never had any problems. In this case since there are 2 different databases I extracted the data from one database into a dataset. I can also view the dataset in the job.
Do I need to do something different when 2 databases are involved?

Thanks,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What kind (brand) of database?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dsconultant
Participant

Post by dsconultant »

Both are Oracle databases.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

OK... both are the same version of Oracle or are they different? And what Oracle client do you have installed on your DataStage server?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

But in my query when I put key_column=orchestrate.key_column the job fails.
Fail with what error ? whats in the message??