Database connections are active

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

suman27
Participant

Database connections are active

Post by suman27 »

Hi,
I am reading the data from Message Queue and loading into API tables. I am calling through the sequencer and sequencer has five subjobs. There are 15 DB2 API stages used across three jobs. I have processed 1000 messages as 10 differernt loads of 100 messages each. After the successful load, I checked in the database. Almost 245 connections are still active. Number of node =1 . Since there are only 15 stages, I expected only 15 connections would be active at any point of time. Please let me know is there any configuration should be set to close the connections. Am I doing anything wrong in the setup? I could not find any similar posting earlier. Please help
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Are all of these open connections to DB2 from DataStage and from this run? You certainly shouldn't have that many open from one DataStage run, as you've already stated with 1-node and 15 DB2 stages that is how many connections you should have. Is your Db2 partitioned?
suman27
Participant

Post by suman27 »

ArndW wrote:Are all of these open connections to DB2 from DataStage and from this run? You certainly shouldn't have that many open from one DataStage run, as you've already stated with 1-node and 15 DB2 stages that is how many connections you should have. Is your Db2 partitioned?
Sorry for a late reply.
We stopped all jobs, and ran only one job which has 15 DB2 stages and found out that there are 245 open sessions. This DB2 is database partitioned.

Regards,
Suman.