Jobs not processing data...

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

suman27
Participant

Jobs not processing data...

Post by suman27 »

Hi..

some of my jobs ran with status 'finished'. But when I checked the monitor for these jobs,few of the job's stages are in stopped status and the data is not getting processed.

what could be the issue.

Regards,
Suman.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Clarify what you mean by "stopped status". If you mean literally that, it could simply mean that someone clicked on "Stop" from the Director for that job.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
suman27
Participant

Post by suman27 »

chulett wrote:Clarify what you mean by "stopped status". If you mean literally that, it could simply mean that someone clicked on "Stop" from the Director for that job. ...

Hi,
Thanks for looking into this.

I mean job status is finished not stopped .but through monitor we can see the number of rows processed at each stage level in the job and corresponding status.and these stage status are either in 'ready' or 'stopped' status.
No body is stoping the jobs..

regards,
Suman.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

OK... what is in the log for that job? Anything out of the ordinary? Does it seem like the job should have run to completion according to the log?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
suman27
Participant

Post by suman27 »

Log seems to correct. Nothing out of ordinary. I also observed that this condition occurs randamly. and thers is no differnece in log when monitor was showing 'finished' and 'stopped' status for the stages.

Regards,
Suman.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Stopped usually only means through operator intervention - a stop request was issued. This might have been through a Terminator in a sequence. In that case, there will be an entry in the sequence log indicating that stop requests were issued. Further, the individual job logs should have an entry indicating that a stop request was received.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
suman27
Participant

Post by suman27 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Stopped usually only means through operator intervention - a stop request was issued. This might have been through a Terminator in a sequence. In that case, there will be an entry in the sequence lo ...
Hi..
I am not talking about jobs getting stopped. I mean jobs are getting finished and the stages inside the jobs a re in stopped status which we can see in the monitor of each job.

Regards,
Suman.
Ankur_KapoorUK
Participant

Post by Ankur_KapoorUK »

Hi Suman ,

Please check in the director log for the warning log like that job monitor is disabled ...

Please see and if this is true then it is not a issue , yours jobs are still being processed.

Regards,
Ankur